College & Financial Aid Info

College Testing & Financial Aid Info

Westwood Charter School offers assistance with college planning and applying for financial aid for college. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact your guidance counselor.

Financial Aid: To receive financial assistance, you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The website is You can apply as early as January 1st of your senior year. To qualify for the most assistance possible, your application needs to be received NO later then March 2nd of the year you plan to attend college. Assistance in filling out the application is available through workshops and/or the guidance counselor.

Assistance in filling out the application is available through your teacher and/or guidance counselor.

Tests:If you plan to attend any four-year university after high school, you should take the following tests in high school.  Note: Junior/Community Colleges do not require these but UC and CSU schools require SAT.

College entrance exams (to be taken during high school)

Sophomore year – PSAT (Practice SAT)

Junior year – PSAT (if not already taken) and SAT

Senior year – ACT or SAT (if you have not already taken it or if you wish to take is again)

SAT ACT dates

The College Connection Newsletter

The College Connection Newsletter Archive